Skip to Content (Press Enter)

 California State University, Fullerton

Undergraduate Admissions Information

If yes, please visit the  international admissions page for more information.

Submit an application and pay the $55 application fee online at If you cannot access the application online you can print out a hard copy. Mail the application and $55 check or money order made out to CSUF to:
Office of Admissions and Records
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900

Your application will be received faster and therefore processed more quickly if you apply and pay online. Your application cannot be processed until payment has been received.

The College of Engineering and Computer Science only accepts students for the fall semester. The application period for fall admission opens the previous October 1. The application period for fall admission closes the previous November 30.


You will qualify for regular admission as a first-time freshman (FTF) if you:

  1. Have graduated from high school
  2. Have a qualifiable eligibility index (see Eligibility Index Table), and
  3. Have completed with grades of "C" or better the required comprehensive pattern of college-preparatory subjects as follows:
    English: 4 years
    Mathematics: 3 years including Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II
    U.S. History and Social Science: 2 years
    Science: 2 years with laboratory (1 biological and 1 physical, both with labs)
    Foreign Language: 2 years in the same language
    Visual and Performing Arts: 1 year (art, dance, drama/theater or music)
    Electives: 1 year

When requested to do so, send your high school transcripts to :
Office of Admissions and Records
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900

If you have taken any courses at a university or college, you will also need to send official transcripts from those institutions to the above address.

First-time freshman are required to submit scores from either the SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test) or ACT (American College Test). Test scores are also used for advising and placement purposes. Registration forms and dates for the SAT or ACT are available from high school or college counselors or from a CSU campus testing office. For more information and to register you can also visit (SAT) or (ACT).

You will qualify for admission as an upper-division transfer student if you:

  1. Have earned 60 or more transferable semester (90 or more quarters) units
  2. Have a grade point average of 2.0 (C or better) in all transferable units attempted
  3. Are in good standing at the last college or university attended, and
  4. Have completed at least 30 semester units of college course work with a grade of C or better in each course to be selected from courses in English, arts and humanities, social science, science and mathematics at a level at least equivalent to courses that meet general education requirements. The 30 units must include all of the general education requirements in communication in the English language and critical thinking (at least 9 semester units) and the requirement in mathematics/quantitative reasoning (usually 3 semester units) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements in English communication and mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning.

As circumstances may warrant, minimum grade point average (GPA) and units of required general education are subject to change. The most current information is available at Beginning with Fall 2006 admission, upper-division transfer applicants may choose to complete the Lower-Division Transfer Pattern by Major.

Once you have submitted your online application send official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since high school to:

Office of Admissions and Records
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900

Upper division transfer students are not required to submit SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test) or ACT (American College Test) scores.

You can check the status of your application to a bachelor's program by logging onto with your CWID (Campus Wide ID) and PIN (Personal Identification Number). Both were provided to you in a letter sent by the Office of Admissions and Records shortly after you applied. If you do not know your CWID you can access that information at by providing your name and social security number. You may also present photo identification at the Admissions and Records Service Center in Langsdorf Hall, Room 114 to receive your CWID and PIN. If you are unable to come to the CSUF campus please call the Office of Admissions and Records at (714) 278-2300.

Visit the Student Financial Services page for fee information. The link to "Fee Information" on the left will give you information on Registration Fees (required for all students) and Non-Resident Tuition (required for students who are not legal residents of California for residency purposes). Information about residency is available.

Scholarships available to students in the College of Engineering and Computer Science can be found at Information about Financial Aid (including scholarships, loans, and grants) can be found at

More information about undergraduate admissions can be found at Admissions and Records and the Catalog. Information about transfer credit (AP, community college, etc.) is also available. You can also use to determine whether or not courses you've taken at a community college are equivalent to courses at CSUF.